Events & Volunteer Opportunities
Parents, grandparents, aunts or uncles - volunteers help to make all of our events run smoothly - and the students enjoy having their families participate in their high school experience. Please refer to the 2016-2017 School Calendar/Handbook for a complete listing of dates and events. Contact the individual chairs, or the Home/School Co-Presidents, to offer your help.
Two Diocesan rules:
- every volunteer must complete a Volunteer Release Form. Click here to download the form. Please return completed form to the front office.
- every volunteer must attend one Virtus training session. Click here to register; choose Diocese of Bridgeport from the drop down menu and find a session convenient for you. Once trained, please send a copy of your certificate to the front office.
All are welcome to attend the findal 16/17 HSA Meeting scheduled:
- Tuesday, April 18th
New for the 2016-2017 school year: check here to see how you can list your business in our Family Directory.
Occasionally, a parent will need to purchase something for a HSA-sponsored event. Once the HSA President or Treasurer approve the purchase, please complete this form, attach your receipts and leave in the green folder labeled "HSA Reimbursements" near the faculty mailboxes.
Check the following list of activities - use Sign Up Genius to volunteer.
- Monday, August 29th - Back to School Luncheon: for faculty & staff
- Friday, September 9th - Bishop's Mass: celebrated in the gym for the entire school. After mass, the Bishop will bless our new field.
- Saturday, September 10th - Welcome Back Reception @ 7:00 p.m.: held each year in the cafeteria and on the patio, this is a casual, pot luck get-together for parents of all grade levels to socialize and kick off the school year. Music is provided.
- Friday, September 30th - Freshman/Senior Picnic: a tradition here at TCHS, the senior students host a picnic for the incoming freshmen class. Games and various activites throughout the afternoon. Volunteers are need to help with set up, serving and clean-up.
- Friday, October 7th - Grandparents Day: an opportunity for grandparents to join their grandchild at our First Friday Mass, enjoy a meal, learn more about Trinity Catholic and take a tour of the campus. Help is needed to greet the grandparents, set up the meal and clean up afterwards.
- Sunday, October 16th - Prospective Parents Open House: parents are needed to mingle with prospective students and their families and answer any questions they may have.
- Sunday, October 23rd - Walk-A-Thon: held on the TCHS campus each year, help is needed in publicizing the event, encouraging students and the families to attend, as well as check-in and various other activities the day of the event.
- Sunday, October 30th - Homecoming Week: kicks off with Banner Painting. Multiple events for students are held throughout the week including a spirit day and a dress down day and culminates with a pep rally where the King, Queen and court are announced. An alumni mass is held here in the Chapel and an alumni reception to coincide with the varsity home football game will be held on November 5th. That evening there is a Homecoming Dance in the cafeteria for all students. Volunteers are needed to coordinate the purchase of food, help with decorations and to serve as chaperones at the dance itself.
- Wednesday, November 2nd - Remembrance Mass: held in the TCHS Auditorium, this mass is said in honor of deceased faculty, staff and graduates of Catholic High. Volunteers are need to greet guests.
- Thursday, November 17th through Sunday, November 20th - Crusader Players Production: help with costume design, set design and building, playbill design, layout & production, and advertisement space sales.
- Thursday, November 1st - Multicultural Night: experience an evening filled with cultural diversity. Be prepared to enjoy performances and delicious ethnic cuisine.
- Wednesday, December 21st - Christmas Luncheon: provided by the HSA for all faculty and staff. Help is needed in the set up, serving and clean up.
Date to be Announced - HSA Bingo: to be held in the cafeteria at 7:00 p.m. A community event to bring parents, families and friends together for a fun night of socializing.
Sunday, January 29th through Friday, February 3rd - Catholic Schools Week: a national week recognizing Catholic schools. TCHS celebrates the week with various activities including a "Take a Look Tuesday" on January 31st where prospective students and their parents are encouraged to tour the school. The week celebration culminates with a mass in the gym. Volunteers will be needed throughout the week for various events, including a faculty and staff luncheon. Check your weekly e-tidings for updates.
Wednesday, February 1st - Accepted Families Reception: an evening reception held for the parents of all new students to the school, help is needed with set up, greeting the guests and clean up.
Monday, February 6th - Cash Raffle: start date for selling cash raffle tickets. Students are encouraged to sell raffle tickets to friends and families and compete for class and grade-level prizes. Parents are also encouraged to sell tickets. Drawing will be held at the Legacy Gala on April 29th.
Date to be Announced - Junior Ring Ceremony: a reception hosted by the Sophomore class parents immediately following the Ring Ceremony. The ceremony begins at 7:00 p.m., followed by a reception in the cafeteria.
Thursday, March 23rd through Sunday, March 26th - Crusader Players Production: help with costume design, set design and building, playbill design, layout & production, and advertisement space sales.
Thursday, March 30th - Multi-cultural Night: experience an evening filled with cultural diversity. Be prepared to enjoy performances and delicious ethnic cuisine.
Friday, March 31st - Father/Daughter Dance: a very special night for TCHS girls and their dads, help is needed with the coordination and planning of the various areas of this event, including invitations and set-up at the Italian Center on the day of the event.
Wednesday, April 5th - Fashion Show: Junior and senior students participate in the event itself, but volunteer parents from any grade level are welcome to help with the organization of the event and the night of the show with dressing the models, hair and make-up. Monies raised at this event go directly to support three memorial scholarships: Robert D'Aquila, Kevin Sutton and Cassidy Geary.
Friday April 28th - Legacy Gala: Volunteers are need to work on the various committees. Committee meetings are held monthly, beginning in November, and all parents are encouraged to participate. Help is needed for set up at the Italian Center on the day of the event, as well as working in various capacities at the event itself.
Sunday, May 21st - Mother/Son Communion Breakfast: a special event held at the Italian Center for Senior boys and their moms, help is needed in organizing, invitations, set-up on the day of the event, etc. Mass begins promptly at 9:00 a.m. followed by breakfast.
Date to be determined for the Baccalaureate Mass: 6:00 p.m. at St. Leo's Parish in Stamford for graduates, families, friends, faculty and staff. The Senior Dinner will follow mass in the parish hall for graduates, faculty and staff.
Saturday, June 3rd - Graduation: The Junior parents help with baking, set-up and serving at the reception held on campus each year following our graduation ceremony. Ceremony takes place at 10:00 a.m.
Honor Roll Celebration: held quarterly to recognize students in all grade levels who have received this distinction.
Hospitality: provide and set-up appreciation events for faculty and staff, help is needed in organizing, set up, serving and clean -up at various functions throughout the school year. The lunch itself is catered, but baked goods are always welcome! Check the various event listed above for specific dates. Waiting on specific dates for
- May 2017: Appreciation Breakfast
- June 2017: End-of-Year Luncheon
Main Office: simple clerical work that can be done at flexible times according to your schedule. Arrangements for your hours would be made directly thorough Mrs. Diane O'Connell, our school secretary.
Parent-to-Parent: a new group being organized to welcome incoming freshmen and transfer students and their parents on a one-to-one basis. Volunteers are needed to place a phone call to new parents and answer any questions they may have.
Banner Painting: moderate and help students paint banners to be used at the student pep rally during the week of homecoming.