In 1954, the Most Reverend Bishop Lawrence H. Sheehan and the Diocese of Bridgeport purchased a twenty-six acre site on Newfield Avenue in Stamford that would become Stamford Catholic High School (“SCHS”). On September 3, 1958, SCHS opened its doors to freshmen, sophomores and juniors as a Roman Catholic, coeducational, college preparatory school under the direction of the Diocese of Bridgeport. The school was incorporated in 1963.
Following the closings of two diocesan high schools, Central Catholic in Norwalk in 1990, and St. Mary in Greenwich in 1991, Stamford Catholic High School was re-named Trinity Catholic High School (“TCHS”) as part of a merger of the three schools.
Today, TCHS continues its longstanding tradition of rigorous academics, outstanding athletics and community service excellence while modernizing infrastructure and facilities to be in line with today's advances in technology.