How to Apply
Welcome to Trinity Catholic High School!
Let's get started with the application process! The online application is the first step and can be found by clicking on the link below. You can start the application and come back and finish it anytime. Please see the chart to the right for a list of all the steps in the process.
We are looking for the following types of students:
- Academically motivated students who exhibit the TCHS values of fidelity, achievement, integrity, transformation & honor.
- Model performance and conduct that reflects their desire to realize their talents and become a productive citizen in the global community.
- Understand and accept personal responsibility for their actions inside and outside of school.
- Seek an education rooted in faith and wish to be part of an environment that is committed to intellectual, moral, spiritual, social and physical growth.
- Are kind, respectful and wish to share and develop by participating in school programs, activities & events.
We accept students of any religion, race, ethnic background or gender.
- Complete the online application - Apply Now
- Submit all required documentation (transcripts, letters of recommendation).
- Register for Entrance Exam (High School Placement Test).
- Sign up for a Crusader for a Day Visit. Not required, but a great way to experience a day at Trinity Catholic High School.
- Attend events at Trinity - Open House, athletic events, Crusader Player Theatre performances, pasta dinners - there are so many ways to get to know Trinity.
- A family Interview is an important part of our application process and we encourage you to schedule one.
Trinity requires that all freshmen applicants take the High School Entrance Exam (HSPT). The test is divided into sections that cover Verbal, Quantitative, Reading, Mathematics, & Language skills. The content is subject matter that eighth grade students would have already learned in school. For more information about the HSPT, click here.
There is a combined entrance exam and application fee of $50, which can be paid when completing your online application or when your child sits for the entrance exam. The exam can be taken at any school, and scores sent to any high school within the Diocese of Bridgeport. At the start of the test, students select up to three schools they wish to receive the results, so please ensure your child knows which schools should receive the scores.
Upcoming Entrance Exam Dates for 2020-2021:
- First Exam: Saturday October 26, 2019 at 8:30am - 12pm
- Second Exam: Saturday November 9, 2019 at 8:30am - 12pm
- Trinity is able to accommodate additional testing dates in the spring upon request.
Testing Accommodations for extended time are available and must be requested ahead of time. Documentation supporting the accommodation requirement must be sent to the Admissions Office at least three days prior to the exam date.